Simple and powerful text automation on the Mac
handpick the first two
finds the rest
Copy text automatically
If you want to copy out specific information from text files, you have several options:
- Copy out everything manually tedious
- Find software that supports the file format, and can export to the format you need time-consuming potentially-costly
- Use the command line complicated
- If you're a developer: create a script or use regular expressions complicated time-consuming
- Use TextPicker quicksimple
When TextPicker has discovered a pattern, it can be used as a stand-alone Mac application, from the command line, in an Automator workflow, as a macOS service or a web API.
Export a code snippet to use in your own Swift code.
Or automatically generate regular expressions (regex).
Extract different types of data from the same text, and export as JSON, XML, CSV, spreadsheet or your own custom format.
Teach TextPicker how to change the text; remove and add text, capitalise / uppercase / lowercase and put the altered text back in the original document.